Although tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. In the past 20 years, thousands of studies have shown green tea’s benefits. It turns out that Green tea is so good for you that it’s even got researchers raving.
Did you know that ?….
• Green Tea has high concentration of Catechins, antioxidants that fight and may even prevent cell damage.
• Good loose leaf green tea is not processed much before it is poured in your cup making the concentration of catechins very high. Good quality whole leaf teas are the best to get your body going. Canned green-tea drinks and blended bag teas generally have very low levels of the desired compounds.
• Some studies have shown that green tea seems to help keep blood sugar stable in people with diabetes.
• Green tea improves circulation. In one Swiss study, MRIs revealed that people who drank green tea had greater activity in the working-memory area of their brains. Green tea has also been shown to help block the formation of plaques that are linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
• Green tea can help increase and even change your metabolism, so you burn more calories from fat. Studies show that green tea can also help you keep weight off once you’ve lost it.
• If you swap green tea for sugary drinks. “All things being equal, if you sub 1-2 cups of green tea for one can of soda, over the next year you’d save over 50,000 calories,” That’s more than 15 pounds.
• Sipping tea helps you slow down and relaxes you. An amino acid called theanine found in green tea can provide a calming effect. Great news in today’s busy stressful world.
• Always pour the hot water over the tea. Boiling the tea with the hot water will kill the beneficial compounds in the tea and make most green teas bitter. The water used to make green tea should be just below boiling at around 170-180 degrees. Heat water until bubbles begin to form or boil water and let cool for 5 min before using.
• Whenever possible buy blends that are organic and unsweetened. There are many green tea blended with berries that are naturally sweet. Jasmine green teas are naturally aromatic and sweet.
At Amapola’s Tea & More all our teas are Organic and naturally sweetened. We use berries, coconut and spices to sweeten our teas. The only way for you to get the benefits of green tea is to drink the tea. So, come find a blend that you like and make it your own. We have 60+ organic teas for your enjoyment and health. We are located in Connecticut’s historic Stonington Borough at 129 Water Street. If you find yourself in the borough stop at Amapola’s Tea & More Specialty Store.
If you found this helpful, then share it with friends. Feel free to call me. I can ship you any tea from my list.
Any Time Is Tea Time