We are all busy with our lives and meeting our endless responsibilities. So cooking is more of a chore than a pleasure. My answer is to find easy recipes made with fresh ingredients. It also helps if you can cook everything together. My organic lemon pepper blend is the perfect easy solution. It can be used with vegetables or meats. Here are some easy recipes you will love.
- Get a small whole chicken. I like to use free range chicken. You can also do this with chicken breasts.
- Wash well pad dry
- Place it in an oven cooking bag. These bags are great, they make the clean-up easy. They keep all the juices in for a tender moist chicken with shorter cooking time.
- Lightly brush with extra virgin olive oil. I like to use my Meyer lemon infused oil.
- Sprinkle with the lemon pepper blend. I also put a tablespoon of the blend in the cavity of the chicken.
- Cook in the oven @ 250 or you can do this in a crock pot, slow for 6 to 8 hours whatever is more convenient.
- Cut up 4 to 5 potatoes depending on the size of your container. I like to use a glass casserole with a cover.
- Cut about the same amount of carrots. You can buy potatoes and carrots that are pre-cut to make it easier. I leave the skin on the organic potatoes easy full of flavor and vitamins.
- Toss the cut vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and the lemon pepper blend.
- Cover and bake in the oven with the chicken @ 250 for the same amount of time.
Broccoli with Lemon Pepper Blend
- Rinse pre-cut broccoli florets
- Drizzle with Meyer lemon olive oil & sprinkle with lemon pepper blend
- Cook in microwave fresh vegetable setting
- Delicious, healthy & quick
Enjoy these recipes together or separately. We have many other unique organic spice blends. When you are in the area come in and check them out.
Any Time is Tea Time… Drink Tea for Life and Health
Amapola’s Tea & More Specialty Store